Submit an Invoice
A. ADD AN EXPENSE (NEW LINE ITEM)
- Open your Expensify mobile app.
- Open the Expenses tab on the bottom left and select the + in the upper right.
- Select Time
- Edit Total Hours, Hourly Rate, and Date.
- For Category, select 1099 Contractors
- Comment: Enter description of work.
- Customers: If applicable, select the client for re-billing.
- Enable Reimbursable.
- Billable should be enabled if the invoice is re-billable to a client.
- Select the corresponding Report.
- To create a new Report (aka invoice), select the + in the upper right and refer to section B for instructions.
- Select Save.
Note: To add an image, such as a receipt or reference invoice file, re-select this Expense and click the camera icon in the upper right.
B. ENTER REPORT (Invoice) DETAILS
- For Report Name, please follow the format:
- INV [YOUR NAME] - REF [INVOICE #] - [DATE]
- ex . "INV John Smith - Ref 1012 - 170115"
- Type: Invoice
- Policy: OFP Employee Expenses
- Select Create in the upper right.
C. TO ADD ANOTHER LINE ITEM TO YOUR REPORT, REPEAT SECTION A.
Note: Please separate work done for different projects/departments into different line items, aka Expenses.
D. SUBMIT YOUR REPORT (AKA INVOICE)
- Open the Reports tab on the bottom.
- Select the applicable Report.
- Select Next.
- Enable Attach PDF to receive a PDF by email for your records.
- Edit Due Date, Contact Information, and/or Payment Instructions as applicable.
- Select Send.